[Review] Kasie West - Lucky In Love


Title: Lucky in Love
Author: Kasie West
Pages: 408
Release date (in Poland): 2017-10-11
Polish title: Szczęście w miłości

What would it be like to win 30 million dollars in a lottery? Most of us don’t even dream about having these large sums of cash in our bank accounts. Maddie has no idea what’s going to happen when she buys a lottery ticket.

I have come across Kasie West’s books before and to be honest, I didnt’ have big expectations for this one. It was waiting in my library for a long time, because I wasn’t in the mood to start it. Everyone, who’s acquainted with Kasie’s style of writing, knows that she’s into light, cliché love stories. Among many other romance novels, it’s not easy to write something original and not boring. I had many different feelings about Kasie West’s books. I was so surprised when I finished Lucky in Love with a big smile on my face.

The main character Maddie is all about hard work and she already has her future planned. When she does something impulsive for the first time in her life, she wins 30 million dollars. Happy that she’s going to solve all her family problems with the money, she doesn’t realise what negative effects it might have. When everything gets out of control, Maddie becomes ‘that’ girl and her new popularity rises, it seems like the only person who still treats her the same is Seth – a guy she’s working with at the local zoo. But with all the problems Maddie’s dealing with, going away to college and the secret she’s keeping from him, is there a chance for love?

Sometimes regardless of what we want, reality takes over.
This book is full of funny, adorable moments that warm up reader’s heart. Maddie and Seth’s relationshop brings the biggest smile on your face. Maddie is a realistic character even though she sometimes makes not well thought out decisions. Seth on the other hand is a really cute and funny guy. The only characters that irritated me were Maggie’s best friends – Blaire and Elise – who sometimes acted like little kids; and also Maggie’s brother. I really liked him at the beginning but then I was like ‘no, I don’t like you’.

We make our own luck. I believed that, too. We chose our own fate. We controlled our own future. I knew what I wanted. I needed to go get it.
I liked the idea of winning the lottery, even though, let’s be honest, it wasn’t really realistic. Turns out that money doesn’t solve all the problems, what you might have assumed. All of a sudden there’s unwanted popularity, new friends, who don’t necessarily have good intentions and a question, how to deal with this new life. It was very interesting to watch how main character manages to find her way through this new life as multimillionaire, but also, how people arround her act – starting with her family and friends, ending with strangers.

You need to empty your mind, and relax each other muscle group until you feel like you are going to melt into the floor. Then you just let it all go. All the expectations, all the unneeded worry, all the things other people want for you but you don't want for yourself.
I feel like not everyone will like this book. For some of you it might seem too simple and cliché. I have read many negative reviews, which were one of the reasons, why I didn’t want to read it, but turns out, the book wasn’t so bad. With all the stress, sadness and many hard moments we have to deal with, can’t we just once read something that’ll bring a smile to our face? The book is written in a simple language. You read it in a flash, because pages just turn by themselves. Maybe it is predictable, but sometimes you should read even this kind of books.


I recommend it to people who look for something for a lonely night, to relax with a cute love story in hand. Kasie West’s books aren’t challenging. You won’t find tragedy, misery or deep, passionate love in them. There’s no need for serious overreaching, because they are written to be simple and not challenging. It’s worth reading, for example to nicely spend some time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 World of Romance: Reviews ENG , Blogger